太让人激动了!
8回复

这几年这位表主的关于丢了的两块表的信息不停的在眼前出现。我真没想到其中一块会在丢了10年之后找到,真的非常非常替他高兴。
原文在这里:
http://alang.watchprosite.com/sh ... hen-time-came-home/

In July 2004, I posted

this stolen watch alert here. A UPS employee stole both of these watches -- the Langematik Perpetual and the Lange 1A -- on the same night, right after they were scanned into the UPS system. The police and UPS Security investigated the theft and told me they had narrowed down their search to 5 UPS employees who were working at the UPS facility when the watches were stolen. Although they had their suspicions about the specific person who took them, they could never prove it.

That was over 10 years ago. I assumed I would never see either of these watches again.

Then, several weeks ago, I received this e-mail:

---------

Hello,
I recently found a watch in my son's boxed up baby clothes. It's certainly not mine. I tried to google the information on the watch and I came across a stolen watch report. Your information was listed "If you see this watch, please quietly email ______" next to a picture of the watch in front of me listing case # 138164 and movement # 28121.

After searching this brand watch, it's very clear to me that this is a valuable watch, and I'm sure it's wanted where it rightfully belongs. Could you please contact me at your earliest convenience? Feel free to reply via email, or call _____.

---------

The author of that email lives nearby, so reunification occurred about an hour later.

How did my watch end up in a box of old baby clothes? Well, it turns out that the other parent of that child was -- you guessed it! -- a supervisor who was working at the UPS facility where my watch was stolen on that night 10 years ago. He is currently in prison, so he's not working for UPS anymore.

Although the Lange 1A (#39/100, caseback #117439, movement #7439) is still missing, I was happy to get the Perpetual back. As you can see below, it's pretty beat-up. It looks like it was carried around in a pocket with loose change for a long time (due to the scratches on the case and on the anti-reflective coating). However, it actually runs quite well for a watch that hasn't been serviced in 11 years (it's about 7-9 seconds/day fast).

Because of the odyssey that this watch has undergone, I was convinced to leave it alone -- to not get the case refinished or the crystal replaced -- and I'm going to take that advice for now. Since it already looks pretty rough, I decided to use it as my "beater watch" to go running with, etc., which is why it's on a commando strap.

I am grateful for the honest people in this world (and I hope the Lange 1A turns up one day soon)!

期待他的Lange 1A也回到身边

真的很夸张

失而复得比新买一只还要开心

老表迷pp 发表于 2014-9-25 17:40

失而复得比新买一只还要开心
他说他准备糙戴……

真的假的

千真万确~~