[/td][/tr]
[tr=transparent][td=3,1,95%][table=98%,transparent]
[tr=transparent][td=80%]
[/td][td=20%]
Sat, 22 August 2015 17:53

[/td][/tr]
[/table]
HOW TO N. 1
(Nautilus ref. 3700) - Are you really sure that your Patek Philippe ref. 3700 "Nautilus" (particularly the first ones from 1976 to about 1982) has got an original glass or an after service (later) one? Here's my "how to" n. 1 (of many) dedicated to this icon watch. On the left an original glass on the right the service one. Let's take a closer look or if you would like I can send you bigger pics via email. Hope you all will appreciate.

HOW TO N. 2
(Nautilus ref. 3700) - Differences between bracelets. As you all know 3700/001 (1976-1982) and 3700/011 (1982-1990) have different bracelets. The first one is wider and obviously with less links. Here's my "how to" n. 2 (of many) with a photo that try to explain those differences. Hope you all will appreciate.

HOW TO N. 3
(Nautilus ref. 3700) - Dial variations (1 of many to come about dials). The very first ref. 3700/001 starting from 1976 until movement serial number lower than (about) 1303600 and case serial number lower than (about) 533000 had the minute track with little lines and not with dots as we are used to see in the most of 3700's dials. We find at 6 hours "sigma SWISS sigma" and the stress is very close to the second "E" of GENEVE, Here's my "how to" n. 3 with a photo that try to explain those particularities. Dials with dots and not lines in very first ref. 3700/001 with movement serial number lower than (about) 1303600 and case serial number lower than (about) 533000 with no "stress" on the second "E" of GENEVE and/or with no "sigma" but only "SWISS" at 6 hour must be considered "after service dials". Hope you all will appreciate. (all of this is based on my multiyears studies on ref. 3700)

HOW TO N. 4
(Nautilus ref. 3700 types of Warranty papers) - Based on our studies we know that we have three different types of "Certificate of Identity and Guarantee of Origin". We tried to place them temporarily and we figured out that the first one starts from movement serial number 1300001 to about 1306000, the second one from about 1306500 to about 1310000 and the third one from 1310000 to 131xxxx. All of this must be taken with a bit of elasticity considering possible overlaps.

HOW TO N. 5
- Patek Philippe Nautilus ref. 3700 The dials dilemma part. 1 (the writing at 6 hours)

I've been studying Nautilus ref. 3700 for so many years but what happened to the dials is still a dilemma with many certainties and some assumptions.
Dials were created and made "usually" by Stern Frères, generally hand made and the stripes engraving techniques differed with years.
In this episode we will focus on the writing at 6 hours.

For sure we know that the 3700 had "σ SWISS σ" (1).

Starting from 1980 we began to see also dial with "σ . (dot) SWISS . (dot) σ" (2) and ". (dot) σ SWISS σ . (dot)" (3) . The common characteristic of these dials is that they are in perfect condition and sometimes of special colors . Even the writing Patek Philippe at 12 hours is different (but more about that another time ).
These dials are to be placed temporarily in a precise way and very carefully .

At last we have dials that I consider of supply, or after service dials (post production dial), which were mounted, at a later time, following the replacement of the original dial and they have "SWISS MADE" (4) or "SWISS" (5). (regarding type 5 this rules does not applies on 3700 that have index with diamonds)-

If I were to advise someone (that want to be sure at 100%) on a purchase I would say that it is better (almost mandatory) to chose, in addition to other checks, one 3700 with type 1 dial wrinting at 6 hours.

All of this is based only on my multi years studies and respect only my personal opinions and they can not be considered the absolute truth that is the prerogative of Patek Philippe itself.

HOW TO N. 6
- Patek Philippe Nautilus ref. 3700 - Boxes

Not as with dials but still with some assumptions is the boxes issue.

The Box by definition, that all collectors recognize as the Nautilus ref. 3700 (in steel) box is the famous, very rare and much sought after cork box (2) (pay attention to the inside and particularly to the watch holder that must be made of beige velvet.
Some collectors of very early 3700/001 (1976-1977) report that alternatively an oval leather black box with the inside made of beige velvet was available. (1)

3700 in steel and gold was sold with an oval leather black box with the inside in red leather (3)

3700 in gold was sold with a rectangular wood box with a golden strip on the left. (4)

All of this is based only on my multi years studies and respect only my personal opinions and they can not be considered the absolute truth that is the prerogative of Patek Philippe itself.

HOW TO N. 7
- Patek Philippe Nautilus ref. 3700 - Production numbers

Any of you ever wondered how many Nautilus ever produced?
Now with the help of my friend John Goldberger I try to give you some indication about.

3700-01A (steel with large bracelet): about 3500
3700-11A (steel with narrow bracelet): about 1300
3700-1AJ (steel and gold with large bracelet): about 600
3700-11AJ (steel and gold with narrow bracelet): about 300
3700-1J and 3700-11J (yellow gold): about 1500 (the diamond versions
are included)
3700-1G and 3700-11G (white gold): about 65
3700-1P(platinum): 1

3700-1P

HOW TO n. 8
- Production dates

Made in steel, yellow gold, white gold, platinum and gold & steel

3700/001 from 1976 to 1982
3700/011 from 1982 to 1990

HOW TO n. 9
- A secret revealed -
Serial numbers matching between case back and bezel.

This is a little secret that we're going to reveal.

The last three numbers of the case serial number must match with the three numbers punched on the back of the bezel.
This is of course quite important to evaluate the originality and correctness of the bezel itself, understanding if the parts were born together in that watch. This is a "virtuoso" performance which only Patek and a few others Maisons can afford - given the limited numbers of production.

And now, let's all go to open and check it :-)

[/td][/tr]
[/table][/td][/tr]
[/table]

© 2015 Bourne in Time Inc.

[/td][/tr]
[/table]

全是洋文的啊,先顶后学

这个真不错 感谢总版分享,话说3700已经好高 买不起了

量不少