A visit to the manufacture in Glashütte
18回复

Recently, I was fortunate to be part of a group invited to Dresden and Glashütte by A. Lange & Söhne, and I wanted to share a few photos with you.

Here is the one of Lange's buildings, where visitors register and begin their tour.

We were greeted by Gaetan Guillosson, president of A. Lange & Söhne North America. Here, he is joined by Simon, our guide through the factory

We were also greeted by Anthony de Haas, the chief designer at A. Lange & Söhne.

He is a very lively and entertaining man.

Incidentally, Gaeton was wearing a L1 TZ in rose gold, which seems to be standard issue to Lange's American executives, and Tony was wearing a Zeitwerk Striking Time, which is used for testing purposes.

Our first top on the tour was the machine room where the plates are cut and checked for accuracy. Lange's tolerances for imprecision are utterly minute--a matter of microns. Next, we visited the room where wire EDM (electrical discharge machining) machines cut small parts.

Massive spools of this wire--about twice the thickness of a human hair--cut the small parts for Lange's watches.

For the the next part of the tour, we left one building, crossed a courtyard, and entered a connected complex of buildings.

Here, we were asked to put on lab coats and put away our cameras. So I don't have any photos to share with you, but it is extraordinary how much effort goes into refining and hand polishing the hundreds of parts that go into a Lange watch. Additionally, all Lange watches are assembled twice. We watched the disassembly and reassembly of many watches, including the Lange 31.

In most cases, a number of staff members work on a Lange watch. Different departments handle different tasks from cutting to polishing to various aspects of assembly to testing. However, a Zeitwerk is assembled by one person. That was one of the surprises for me on the tour.

One of the highlights of the tour was learning who engraved the balance cocks of our watches. The balance cock of every Lange watch is engraved by hand, and the different engravers on staff have different styles. So a watchmaker took each of our watches, put them under the loupe, and announced who engraved each watch. The balance cock of my 1815 was engraved by Helmut Wagner. Unfortunately, I did not get to meet him since he largely works from home.

The tour concluded with a tour of Lange's small, in-house museum and a presentation of the collection. A few watches were not present for us to see (including the Zeitwerk Striking Time and the Grand Complications). But there was still plenty to see and try on.

What does the future hold for Lange? A new building.

支持朱版,乍一看以为你发的是垃圾帖,差点给举报

差点给删除了哈哈

我怎么能发垃圾贴呢
我是看不懂外国话
转过来你们帮看看讲了些啥

原文大意:

最近, 我很荣幸地接受朗格品牌的邀请成为一个朗格德累斯顿总部参观团的一员,现在,我想分享一些随行拍摄下来的图片给你们.

下图中的建筑物是朗格品牌拥有的其中一座, 也是观光者们的第一站.

一进门,我们便迎来了来自Gaetan Guillosson先生的问候, 他是朗格北美地区的总裁. 在这里,他跟我们今天的导游Simon在一起。

我们同时也迎来了来自Anthony de Haas先生的问候, 他是朗格的设计总监.

哈斯先生真的是一位非常活泼风趣的绅士:

意料中的是, Gaeton戴的是一款朗格一号红金世界时表款, 这很适合他作为朗格在美国的总裁身份, Tony(德国本土总裁)佩戴的则是自鸣版本的猫头鹰,这是出于测试的目的.

我们旅程中的第一个重点就是机械精加工厂房,这里是夹板们被切割成需要的形状并接受精度检验的地方. 朗格对误差的容忍几乎接近零——那是以微米为计量单位的事. 下一站, 就是线切割机房,这是专门处理微小零件的厂房和设备.

大量的金属线--这些线只有人类头发的两倍厚度--就是用来切割出朗格表的小型零件.

在这场旅程的下一个小时, 我们离开了这座建筑物, 路经一个花园, 然后进入了一个几座建筑物连在一起的大厂房.

在这里, 我们都要穿上实验室专用的保护服,并且不能使用照相机,所以在这个空间里我没有任何图片可供分享。但是得知朗格的制表师们花了多少努力去用手工和非常原始的设备去对某些部件进行精加工,特别是镜面抛光的这些事情是非常令人愉快的.

此外, 所有的朗格表都要经过两次组装. 我们已经见识了所有的朗格表的二次组装, 包括大名鼎鼎的朗格31.

在绝大多数的案例里, 同一块朗格表的组装和加工过程是由不同的职工完成的.不同的加工组装部门负责不同类型的任务,从装件到测试精度无所不包.

然而, 猫头鹰是个特例,这款表的组装和加工工序从头到尾都是由同一个人完成的,这对我而言倒是一个惊喜.

这次旅程的一个亮点是我知道了是谁为我们的朗格表雕刻出如此漂亮的摆轮夹板雕花. 所有朗格表的摆轮夹板的雕花都是全手工雕刻出来的, 而且不同的雕刻家的风格也完全不同.

所以每当一个厂内的制表师从我们的手中礼貌地借走我们的朗格手表并把它们放置在放大镜下仔细端详, 即可得知这雕花是谁的作品.

我的1815的摆轮夹板雕花就是下图中的这位Helmut Wagner先生的手笔. 不幸的是, 由于他长期在家工作,我无法一睹他的风采.

这段旅程结束在朗格自家持有的小型户内博物馆(带有自家生产的所有现代朗格表款). 包括大复杂和自鸣版本的猫头鹰在内的少数几款表款没有出现在展示台,但是现场展示的表款已经够看了.

未来有什么礼物等待着朗格? 又一栋新的建筑物.

太给力啦~~

过奖了,朱版说好才是好啊...

太好了
真的是非常好
感谢

感谢两位的辛勤付出,学习了

图片看不见的说。全是蓝色小问号

danielzhang 发表于 2014-6-24 17:59

图片看不见的说。全是蓝色小问号
看来您需要翻墙了~~

感谢翻译官。。。